Saturday, January 21, 2006

That sentimental feeling

I'm feelin rather dizzy now. No idea why. Think it might be due to some afternoon evening drowsiness.

But anyways, feeling a bit sentimental.

I logged into my own blog earlier (yes, rather narcissistic I agree), and it was while looking at "my funny lecturer" entry when it suddenly dawned on my that I will miss school.

A Lot.

Albeit the fact that, I feel, that Noose has pummeled every single bit of self-confidence out of me since I first enrolled (before i entered I knew what I wanted in life, and what I was good at etc,but now I'm a confused sheep), I find uni life the most enjoyable part of my education experience - from pri sec jc and uni...uni's the best.

I guess I liked living alone in "my own" space for the 3rd year running. not that it's really my own space, first 2 years was with hall, 3rd year was with student residences. both of which were places where admin staff and resident advisors are given rights to walk into ur room for spotchecks if need be. But other than that, it was nice living away from the family for a while, with no one hovering over my shoulder when i'm blogging, or having to answer to mama papa and jiejie where i'm going and out with who. I will miss the movie-nights and dinners with bebe ally and cat (and soon gil, congrats on ur new room!), storing beer in the fridge and mugging for exams in my four-wall "cell".

I also think i like the idea that no one is forcing me to attend lectures, that lectures are for show anyway cuz u always end up studying texts and notes by yourself. will also miss watching the pple around me in lectures fighting sleep, and gil snoozing in her seat. heheheehe.

i think i'll even miss the endless stream of curry puffs and milo as a daily diet and a daily expenditure of only $4.

and even more importently, I will also miss enjoying wearing t shirts and jeans or shorts and slippers everyday.


I think my time in uni has seen me grow. I hate the institution, and yet am fond of it all the same.

In another 4 months i'll be saying my goodbyes to Noose to be an underpaid working stiff.

Can u blame me for feelin a little bit sad?



Sparkie says"Give me some sugar!"
Now I know why I always get pimples on my chin. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home