Monday, April 10, 2006

Makan Entry: Soon Lee Beef Soup (Queenstown)


Located in a hawker centre (carpark facing side) in the midst of the residential area across the road from Queenstown Shopping Centre and Ikea, is the Soon Lee Beef Soup store. Was in the area after having visited Queenstown shopping centre for cheap buys on shoes, so other than Oscar's Food Court at Anchor Pt shopping centre and Swedish Meatballs in Ikea, I've come to discover that there was all along good ol' hawker fare right across the road, just hidding from view.

I had a bowl Beef soup Mee-swa which arrived in a rather tiny and dirty looking white patterned bowl. It came with bout 3-4 meat balls, some slices of beef stomach (which I don't eat), and slices of beef (aka, chey-ba or chia-bak whatever the dialect may be). A bowl of soupy beef noodle soup would set you back for about $3. Perhaps it was my choice of noodle, but all I could taste was the mee-swa and so I don't think it tastes very extraordinary, and also because I didnt enjoy eating the beef-stomach slices or beefballs, I didnt really get the beef-kick for my cravings.

However, I've heard that their $6 beef stew is quite happening. So, go be the adventurous soul to sample and blog bout their beef stew if u're in the area.

Also in the hawker centre, is some really rocking satay located in the rows of shops facing the middle part of the hawker centre. I didnt make the order, so I do not have the name of the store or a picture. Was too excited to eat up the satay, so sorry, no pics of those too. HEH. chicken kebabs on the stick were sweet and tender, with the peanut sauce served with a dollop of garlic. Not bad I say!

Was quite full after it all. A lot of interesting stores there too, the char-kway-tiao store looks lethal man. :P~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home